Quality Assurance Analyst
Quality Assurance |
San Francisco, CA,
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is beautiful accounting software that's changed the way people do business all over the world.
http://vimeo.com/51563083 — watch the video, you'll enjoy it.
The company is also nearly doubling in size every year. We’re winning.
Come help us win more.
The Quality Assurance Engineer has between 2 and 10+ years experience and is responsible for checking that the solutions provided by the Developers come in a workable and usable format for the user.
Overview of Key Responsibilities:
- Review and provide input to the product management team during initial preparation of functional specifications and interaction design for new or improved features within the Xero online accounting system or the related sub systems.
- Prepare test cases and associated test plans from final functional specifications and interaction designs for the purpose of application quality assurance testing of software deliverables
- Execute test plans, including the logging and detailing of issues identified, through the agreed process on our issue tracking system
- Monitor and review bug fixes and track issues through development, re-testing and closure
- Maintain a broad understanding of full application scope and features, whilst also developing deeper specialization in agreed functional areas
- Assist in the development and utilization of automated testing tools, including development unit tests and scripted regression testing utilities
Key Performance Indicators:
- Provide timely and clear input to the product management team for new or improved features
- Develop and work on test cases and test plans for specified development feature releases
- Execute test plans as per the agreed schedule/process
- Produce testing results, including issue logging, tracking and retesting
- Test plans executed as per agreed weekly schedule
- Issues are logged, tracked and re-tested using Jira / Confluence and related applications
If you’re passionate about helping small businesses use software more effectively, are involved in the development community and love developing the latest technologies, we’re keen to talk to you!
Contact us today!
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.