Xero is beautiful accounting software that's changed the way people do business all over the world.
Are you the kind of person who can't wait to tell other people about this amazing product you just used, or this amazing experience you just had?
Are you the kind of person who can become a recognized personality in an industry (or, even better, already are)?
Are you the kind of person who loves presenting at conferences, and meeting all the people who go to them?
Are you a leader who can identify and work directly with the CEO and the rest of the Xero leadership team? Can help accountants, bookkeepers, and small & medium businesses find out about Xero?
Finally, are you a leader who knows how to have some fun at work?
If so, then you want to apply to be the Chief Evangelist for Xero!! Role Description
The Chief Evangelist is our champion for accounting professionals and SMBs.
First and foremost, the role is the face of Xero to accountants to ensure we understand the needs of our accounting partners, and build long term credibility, trust, and partner engagement.
This role is the internal advocate for our accountants within Xero, championing innovation and ensuring we deliver the world's leading solutions.
The Chief Evangelist is the ambassador for accounting, practice management, and supporting financial solutions. The role draws together our customer needs, innovation roadmap, product and message to market; all into a concise vision for accountants and their journey towards the modern practice.
In addition, this role is also the face of Xero to SMB's, performing many of the same responsibilities as above. Primary Responsibilities
Ideal Personal Profile
- Be one of the most important "faces" of Xero. Be the walking and talking embodiment of Xero. Represent Xero at it's best at all times.
- Overall responsibility for Xero's presence at the right Accounting & Small Business industry conferences, gatherings, and meetings. This includes determining the messaging and how/where we deliver it.
- Take the stage externally to evangelize accounting, Xero, Practice Studio, and the modern practice journey.
- Bring the voice of the customer back from these conferences, gatherings, and meetings and share with Xero internally. Push where needed.
- Provide leadership and insight into future Xero features based on market insight and how accountants and SMBs work both individually and together.
- Work alongside the Xero Education team to select and partner with our best Xero accountants as speakers at conferences and industry events.
- 12+ years business experience
- Accountant training highly preferred, but not required; CPA a definite plus, and committee appointments or leadership positions with national or state CPA or bookkeeper societies an even bigger plus
- Passion for helping people -- especially small & medium businesses and accountants/bookkeepers
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Experience speaking and working at industry conferences
- Comfort and presence interacting with senior level executives
- Passion for technology and the interwebs
- Passion for social media
If this sounds like you, come help us win more by applying!