San Francisco, CA,
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is beautiful software, providing accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses real time access to their business accounting information, online, anytime, anywhere.
We're looking for a business analyst experienced in payroll to join Xero's Payroll Product Management team. As a business analyst at Xero, you will help product managers define business requirements and produce functional design specifications. As part of the product management team, you will also work closely with engineers and design to turn functional specifications into leading business software. Xero is a fun, fast paced and focused environment where team-fit and culture plays a critical role.
Overview of Key Responsibilities
- Research and analyze how specific features and improvements should be delivered and implemented.
- Document findings that will be used as the foundation of the development and testing phases.
- Work closely with Design to translate requirements into product designs.
- Work closely with Engineers and QA to ensure they have correctly interpreted the specifications.
- Assist with the prioritization of features in the development backlog based on local expertise of the market needs.
- Work with the Product Managers to monitor and manage the progress of specific project teams.
- Where required, engage with the market and stakeholders to gather requirements and test designs.
- Be able to manage concurrent pieces of work and prioritize the effort on each according to the roadmap and other dependencies.
- Provide insight and suggestions as to how to improve the systems developed at Xero.
- Maintain strong communications with all teams, in particular, the Development, QA, Design and Documentation teams.
- Contribute to other Xero product development projects as required.
- Be a point of contact for internal teams such as customer experience, production support, training, documentation, and sales support.
You will need:
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst in software development.
- Knowledge of US payroll essential
- A proven track record as a Business Analyst, able to follow Agile Scrum methodologies
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Able to work closely with technical and non-technical users in parallel
- An innovative and positive team player with a "can do" attitude.
- Required characteristics: fast learner, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy fast paced work environments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.