Global Instructional Designer - Curriculum
San Francisco, CA,
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is beautiful accounting software that's changed the way people do business all over the world.
http://vimeo.com/51563083 — watch the video, you'll enjoy it.
The company is also nearly doubling in size every year. We’re winning. Come help us win more.
This role involves independently project managing, developing and creating new online certification training materials as well maintaining and updating existing course & certification training materials. It also involves liaising with various internal and external partners, vendors, and subject matter experts to ensure the highest quality of training content.
- Write & project manage training materials for a roles based certification including training materials creation and ongoing maintenance & updates.
- Write learning objectives and training content within each module including knowledge checks, scripts as needed.
- Work closely with the global Xero U and Xero TV teams to ensure certifications are within the Xero global curriculum structure
- Maintain quality and brand alignment of training content created within Xero guidelines
- Create and maintain a quality assurance framework for all Xero U and Xero TV content
- Materials to be created with a global first mindset, then to be localized by each region.
- Attend regular online product updates to understand new features & functionality to educate internal & external audiences
- Take feedback from surveys to refine training and certification content after initial release
- From time to time, train internal staff or independent contractors to write or deliver Xero course materials for new release
You will need:
- Proven record in similar role encompassing experience with sales playbooks and toolkits
- Proven ability to write materials geared towards adults, preferably the accounting industry
- Deep understanding of accounting industry, accountant roles in an accounting firm and SMB
- Accounting software knowledge preferably SaaS.
- Initiative and ability to work autonomously.
- Business development/customer relationship/ sales writing experience.
- Experience with applications software, including desktop productivity such as Google or Office and a working knowledge of CRM.
- Up to date on current technology trends for learning and development.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.