Xero has developed an award winning Software as a Service (SaaS) accounting solution that is revolutionising the way small business operates.
Xero has recently raised NZ$180m in additional capital to fund further aggressive global growth. To help drive this growth, we're looking for our first Australian legal hire to take responsibility for our Australian legal and compliance matters. This is an exciting time to join an innovative global organisation that is growing rapidly.
We're looking for a commercially-minded corporate lawyer with 5-7 years post-qualification experience to work with Xero's Australian management team and report to Xero's NZ based Senior Legal Counsel, and to take on the following responsibilities:
- Identify and proactively manage Xero's legal and compliance function in Australia
- Work closely with Xero's commercial team in Australia to help drive strategic relationships and initiatives for Xero in Australia
- Review, negotiate, and draft key legal documents, such as vendor supply agreements and marketing partner agreements
- Assist with Australian corporate law and ASX Listing Rule requirements
- Assist with Xero's intellectual property strategy
- Make sure the business is informed and compliant with any existing or proposed Australian legislation
- Advise on and manage relevant Australian data security and privacy matters
- Work with HR in relation to employment law matters
- Assist with any M&A activity
- Liaise with and manage Xero's external legal advisors in Australia
To be considered for this role you will have a strong knowledge of relevant Australian law and an interest in the technology sector. You will be comfortable working in an autonomous commercial role, be a credible and influential communicator with strong commercial acumen, and take a pragmatic approach to managing/solving legal issues.
Experience in advising companies in the technology sector will be a significant advantage.
If you think you can successfully meet this challenge, and have what it takes to become an integral part of a fast paced technology company, then please apply online.