Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Pre-Production)
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is online accounting software for small to medium sized businesses. Xero was launched in 2006 and went public on the NZ Stock Exchange in 2007. We now have offices in US, Australia and England as well as New Zealand.
The Operations team supports all parts of Xero's customer facing and development platforms. It is their responsibility to ensure all systems are maintained, that downtime is minimised and that key priorities are anticipated and provided for.
The key responsibility of the Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Ops Pre-Production) is to maintain operational IT systems that support the Xero Pre-Production environments.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hands-on experience managing infrastructure in a large, high-availability environment, preferably Windows and SQL Server technologies
- Considerable experience as a Systems/Infrastructure engineer
- Have operational experience of running a large web application environment
- Have experience building and maintaining highly available systems
- Ensure operational issues are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Recommend and implement software and hardware solutions to meet business needs
- Evaluate pre-production IT needs for all stakeholders
- Proven delivery of accurate and high-quality solutions
- Ability to collaborate with our international teams
- Have prior experience liaising with primary suppliers
- On-call availability and periodic overtime
If you are ready to take on a new challenge in a fast-paced organisation where the sky is the limit we want to hear from you. Please apply online.
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.