Senior SQL DBA
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is a global company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. Xero is the emerging leader in online accounting software, providing business owners with real-time visibility of their financial position in a way that's simple, smart and secure.
We're expanding our team of the best and brightest people so we can go even further - are you interested in joining us? The foundation of our product is an accounting system, but not as you know it - think powerful forecasting, total cashflow transparency and complete ease of use.
As Senior SQL DBA, you’ll help lead, manage and optimize performance availability and SQL Server database platforms.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Leadership and administration of the production database platform
- Administration of the developer & testing database platforms as required
- Making sure storage, archiving, back-up and recovery processes are functioning correctly
- Working with the Operations team and associated hosting service providers to make sure appropriate database maintenance and integrity activities are being carried out
- Working with Product and Customer Care support teams identify problems and tune performance of database platform
- Support Product Team in new application releases
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+yrs Database Administration Experience in Microsoft SQL Server (2005-2008)
- Tertiary Qualification preferably BSc in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Strong Transact-SQL Development Skills
- Developing and tuning SQL Server within large deployments.
- Preferred - Solid Programming and scripting skills preferably in .NET and/or Powershell
- Preferred - experience with Visual Studio 2008-2010
- Keen interest in new SQL Server technologies, in particular SQL Server 2012
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.