Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA,
Apply for this job
View other openings
Senior Software Engineers
Xero is online accounting software that gives small businesses and their advisors real time access to accounting information, anytime, from anywhere.
We’re looking for Senior Software Engineers to lead and manage innovative, highly collaborative software development teams.
You’ll look after basic line management for your development team of seven, including engineers and QA analysts, and look after the team’s code.
- Lead a team to work on the Xero payroll software platform
- Work closely with the product team and designers to ensure usability of the product
- Influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills
- Develop visioning skills and ability to see the big picture
- Implement and contribute to engineering practices and processes.
- Strong passion for developing new software that’s scalable
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in robust server-side development
- Knowledge of C#, ASP.Net MVC, NHibernate and SQL Server wiith emphasis on writing modular, scalable code
- Capable of architecting complex software solutions
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure platforms is desirable
- Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process
- A solid balance of full stack development experience or other languages will be considered favorably.
- Experience with payroll or financial software would be favorable
- Familiarity with API web service design
- Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking
- Ability to lead from the front and deliver strong results
- Top-notch problem solving skills
- Open mind and willingness to learn from peers, and help them grow as engineers
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems
- Bring new ideas to the table, a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile.
If you’re passionate about building software that enables small businesses to use software more effectively, are involved in the development community, and love working with and developing the latest technologies, then we want to talk to you!
Contact us today!
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.