Xero partners dominated the 2017 Australian Accounting Awards this year, with the honours acknowledging their hard work, passion, resilience and success – along with the change they are championing in the industry.
Of the 186 final nominations across 25 different categories, 162 nominations and 23 winners spots were filled by Xero partners.
The national awards recognise leaders in the accounting industry with the winners announced at a ceremony in Sydney this past Friday night.
Of the 17 Xero partners that took out the 23 awards, this included XPAC member Shannon Smit from Smart Business Solutions who took out Business Advisory Firm of the Year, Jamie Davison from Carbon Bookkeeping who won Bookkeeping Firm of the Year, and Leanne Templeton from Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors who came first in the Community Engagement Program.
The following Xero partners were also crowned award winners:
- Graduate program: Power Tynan
- Accounting Student: Arien Dabinett, Pitcher Partners
- Bookkeeper: Diane Lucas, Direct Management
- Rising Star: Dean Sammut, MMT Accountants and Advisers
- Innovator: O’Connells OBM
- Professional development program: Pitcher Partners
- Office administrator: David Keith, Collins Hume
- Marketing program: Altus Financial
- New Partner: Christopher Tinta, Link Advisors
- Partner: Bert Girle, Agilia Accountants and Advisors
- Partner (Boutique firm): Peter Fowler, Collins Hume
- Young accountant: James Fitzgerald, Moore Stephens
- Executive: Natasha Chambers, Wilson Pateras
- Editor’s choice: Chris Hooper, Accodex
- Diversified firm: BusinessDEPOT
- New firm: Dexterous Group
- Fast-growing firm: SIDCOR Chartered Accountants
- Boutique firm: Wilson Pateras
- Firm: Pitcher Partners
- Excellence Award: Peter Fowler, Collins Hume.
We love that our partners are recognised as leaders in their profession and doing the important work of empowering Australian Business by creating jobs, providing opportunities for upskilling and allowing business owners and their staff lifestyle choices. This is the real work.
Congratulations to you all on your dedication, passion and commitment and from all the Xero team, we are so proud to be working with you.