Xero UK forecast : Cloudy with a chance of cupcake
A year ago today we opened our UK office and plonked five people down at their new desks. Twelve months later and we’ve grown our UK crew to thirty – well it was thirty as I sat down to write this, it’s quite possibly more now. We’ve grown and changed in many ways over the last 366 days, not least in the sense that the camera needs to be placed farther and farther away each time we take a team photo.
Aside from how busy our team photos now are compared with our 5-a-side football team last February, and how cute all the anniversary cupcakes look, we’ve also grown and matured a lot as a business in the last year.
- Macworld UK deemed to bestow upon us its highest ranked Editor’s Choice award in a 5/5 review back in July.
- We hosted our first ever Xerocon in the UK last September (which was also as far as I know, the UK’s first ever conference dedicated to online accounting) where we crammed 230 accountants and bookkeepers into the ICAEW’s Great Hall for a fantastic inaugural gathering of cloudy accounting minds in the UK. And knowing what we’re planning for our second run, this September’s Xerocon London is going to be even bigger and better.
- The job we’ve done in building out our UK practice toolset in 2012 was recognised by the UK accounting community when we picked up a prestigious first prize in the Software Satisfaction Awards at Harrods, London in October.
- In December we delivered a live webcast to 2,600 accountant members at the ACCA, we later heard that our webcast was the single biggest webinar audience they’d seen in the whole of 2012.
- In around a month from now we’ll pass the milestone of having 1,000 UK accountants and bookkeepers as members of our Partner community.
And if the trends that emerged from online accounting survey we conducted in partnership with AccountingWeb in December are anything to go by – with over 80% of practices either actively using or considering online accounting – 2013 looks very promising.
So, here’s to another breakout year – but excuse me, I have an appointment with a cupcake…
Read more about Company News