The only way is up
Well-respected web and technology journalist Chris Keall joined the team at the National Businesss Review last month after leaving Fairfax Business Media publications as editorial director.
He caught up with Rod recently to discuss the upside of the global markets meltdown, and how these current market conditions are actually a boost for the concept of SaaS or cloud computing.
The key points were:
- The low monthly fee rather than upfront capital expenditure suits the current climate.
- Small business keeps on ticking, and with many displaced executives looking for new opportunities small business start-ups will increase.
- There will be a greater focus on cashflow, and to raise funding from any source business owners need more up-to-date access about finanical performance.
- SaaS is a megatrend that is starting to accelerate for example, cloud services are the big focus of Microsoft’s Professional Developer Conference later this month in Los Angeles.
- New emerging markets will skip installed software, and all the piracy issues that come with installing software, and go straight to web – in the way that emerging countries skipped fixed line communications and went straight to mobile.
- Well architectured SaaS models allow new markets and opportunities to be opened up at minimal incremental cost
You can read the article here.
Read more about Company News